I used one can of white beans, drained and rinsed. I diced up a few slices of red onion to mix in. I stirred in some dried basil and parsley (she used fresh basil and of course that is wayyy better, I'm lazy and cheap...), a small amt of olive oil, s&p, a squirt of lemon juice and finally some parmesan cheese. At first it tasted a bit bland and I was sorely disappointed in myself, but I threw it in the fridge and that really helped the flavors come together. Nice simple side or snack and pretty healthy as long as you don't go too heavy on the oil or cheese...
Monday, March 2, 2009
White Bean Salad
I was at a friend's house for dinner/drinks one night and she whipped together this delicious white bean salad. She lives in the North End and would probably kill me for not saying Cannelini beans. Anyway, I attempted to recreate it months later from memory.
I used one can of white beans, drained and rinsed. I diced up a few slices of red onion to mix in. I stirred in some dried basil and parsley (she used fresh basil and of course that is wayyy better, I'm lazy and cheap...), a small amt of olive oil, s&p, a squirt of lemon juice and finally some parmesan cheese. At first it tasted a bit bland and I was sorely disappointed in myself, but I threw it in the fridge and that really helped the flavors come together. Nice simple side or snack and pretty healthy as long as you don't go too heavy on the oil or cheese...
I used one can of white beans, drained and rinsed. I diced up a few slices of red onion to mix in. I stirred in some dried basil and parsley (she used fresh basil and of course that is wayyy better, I'm lazy and cheap...), a small amt of olive oil, s&p, a squirt of lemon juice and finally some parmesan cheese. At first it tasted a bit bland and I was sorely disappointed in myself, but I threw it in the fridge and that really helped the flavors come together. Nice simple side or snack and pretty healthy as long as you don't go too heavy on the oil or cheese...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment