So after getting some awesome ramekins from my aunt for Christmas, all I could think was BAKED EGGS. This weekend, I finally took them on. I sauteed up leeks, frozen spinach and tomatoes in olive oil w/ s&p. I added this to the bottom of my ramekins, topped w/ a slice of cheese and then cracked an egg on top. Then put in the oven at 350 for 10 minutes, then I rotated the pan for another 10 minutes. Katherine served them w/ toast, while I opted to make homefries while they were in the oven. I used the same pan and honestly these were the best homefries ever. Not sure how I managed that...
Ultimately, my yolks came out hard, but I made these again this am w/ broccoli instead of spinach and rotated after 8 minutes and everything was runny... edible for sure, but I'm still a little skeeved out by runny whites. Maybe 9 minutes is the happy medium...

No comments:
Post a Comment