Monday, March 2, 2009

Garlic Hummus

I make a pretty mean hummus if I do say so myself. While I always enjoy hummus, I often think the store bought kind is a bit too acidic, whereas mine is not... As always, I try to make it a bit more healthy than normal too.

I start w/ a can of drained and rinsed chick peas in my all time fav kitchen gadget, the Magic Bullet. I add a heaping tablespoon of tahini, a squirt of lemon juice, some parsley, pepper and paprika, a splash of olive oil and maybe 1/4 cup vege stock, then for a kick I add 2 cloves of raw garlic and blend. Trust me, it has a kick. A friend once asked me what I used to make it spicy before realizing it was just pure, raw, unadulterated garlic. My fav...

Serve w/ veges such as baby carrots, cuke sticks, celery sticks and/or homemade tortilla or pita chips.

For alternatives, I cut back to one clove of garlic and add something else for flavor. My favorite was fresh, raw spinach. Made a nice bright green hummus...

No comments:

Post a Comment