What I put in depends on what's in the crisper. Generally it is comprised of onion, either red or white, cheese and some other veggies, such as broccoli, spinach, tomato, bell pepper, etc. Lately, I've been doing more fritattas then omelets cuz I've never really mastered the fold over that an omelet requires. Plus, w/ a fritatta the potatoes are right in there w/ the egg, and while it's delicious that way, it is also one less pan to clean!
As the egg sets, I add s&p and then sprinkle the veggies in. Finally
Ideally, I'd throw it in the oven to brown, but I don't think my pan is oven safe and I don't think my oven is big enough. C'est la vie...
Then I settle down on the couch in front of the tv w/ my fritatta and a big cup of coffee to catch up on my dvr, some trashy reality tv or the soup w/ joel mchale. Ahhh, weekends!

No comments:
Post a Comment