Sunday, August 23, 2009

Project Runway & Bruschetta

For weeks now, Mollie, Daphne and I planned to watch the season premiere of Project Runway together. Originally, we were going to do it at Daphne's new place, in the screening room in her building, but she had a work thing, so instead we went to Mollie's and Daphne came after work.

Mollie made veggies and rice w/ Indian sauce from TJs. It was yum! And, Daphne made a Blueberry crisp. I heart crisps of all kinds! I made a trio of bruschettas. I did an olive tapenade, a traditional tomato and white bean. For the white bean, I used this as the guide. This time I used scallions and chives, instead of red onion, and fresh basil and parsley from my herb garden instead of dried spices. I also used a bit more lemon juice to make it a bit more summery. For the tapenade, I just blended black olives, a clove of garlic and a bit of olive oil. Super easy, super delish. Finally, for the tomatoes, I diced up abt 3 tomatoes, added s cloves of garlic, fresh chives, basil, parsley and oregano, some s&p, and a dash of oil and balsamic. Online I had seen to drain the tomatoes, but I dismissed it. I wish I hadn't. I'm not sure exactly how to go abt draining them, but after walking to Mollie's, they were really saucy. Still yummy tho. I like combining a few of them together on one slice. Mmmm. And SOOOO easy!

Project Runway was also awesome, and I'm happy its back on! And while I agree with most that Korto deserved to win, and while I didn't really get Daniel's collection, I was happy he won.

No comments:

Post a Comment