Sunday, October 18, 2009

Family Reunion

Last night about 20 Drahan's convened in northern Maryland for my first ever family reunion. I was a bit nervous to see family members I hadn't seen since I was 12 or 15, but all in all it was a lot of fun. There were some I hadn't met, some I couldn't have picked out of a lineup if you paid me, and others that it was like no time has passed. It was great catching up w/ all.

It had rained for 3 days straight, so it was cold, wet, and rainy, and not quite what we were hoping for, but we all packed ourselves into Charlie's while Uncle Sidney made pizzas. I got my parents up on Skype and everyone was able to say hi to them. I think that was a lot of fun for my parents, to see everyone and feel like they were a part of the reunion. Sid and Penny's food was good, and Penny made a cake from my childhood, so that was yummy.

Eventually the youngest generation (not mine...) went out to the barn to ride some horses bareback. It was fun to watch them, and I was really impressed by how good everyone was.

Here's a pic of me and my cousins Parker and Adam.

No comments:

Post a Comment