Saturday, July 4, 2009

Ch-ch-changes

So I live in DC now. So far I'm loving every second of it. Sure I miss Boston, I miss my friends, I even miss my job, but DC is doing me right so far. I live in a great neighborhood, in a decent apt (I've had some interesting interactions w/ my landlord, but its a ton more space, not a ton more $$, and the neighbors are friendly), and the new job is good thus far. Its great to be near old friends, and rebuilding those relationships, while also making new friends. I feel pretty lucky.

I do want to get back into this blogging thing as I explore my new city and enjoy my new kitchen... I've made some decent meals in it, and have really been enjoying the extra space, the huge oven and readjusting to a gas stove.

Went to the market today and stocked up on veggies. Even got some yummy olives too. I love being so close to the market...

Yesterday I picked out a sofa that will be arriving later this week. Other than that, I'm in need of a coffee table and then my apt will FINALLY be complete. Hoping to get a bit more settled this weekend, to make room for the new sofa and chair and to be semi-organized in time for my first dinner party next weekend.

Now back to celebrating the nation's birthday in the nation's capital. And back to enjoying my Yuengling :)

No comments:

Post a Comment